Sunday 16 September 2012

18th Continental Regiment

The anticipated vintage content has yet to appear so i'm afraid we'll have to be content with some more of my old tat. Here we have part of the 18th Continental Regiment of 1776. As a tribute to the frugal times of the 1970s i intended to create an entire thirty figure unit from (conversions of) a single figure, but as you can see i fell at the first hurdle (hint - there's a horse in there). The basic figure is Hinchliffe code AW40 Minuteman advancing.

Of the various conversions i was most pleased with the drummer (huge right hand though, potential pugilist).

The OC started life as PF7 Blucher.


10 comments:

Stuart said...

Fantastic, love your AWI posts, please make them more regular as they are proving to be an inspiation to me to re-build my AWI armies in the old style. I'm also a big fan of John Ray's AWI, having seen it in the flesh a couple of times at past Partizan shows... a long time ago!

Stryker said...

Wonderful stuff - I'd like to see more as well!!!

adeptgamer said...

Really nice looking models. I've been wanting to paint up some large figures for a long time. You make it look easy.

PaintPig said...

Quite beautiful DC, as is usual I'm in awe of the subtle tints and shading that your are to conjure out of the brush.

DaveD said...

excellent work Doug .

Big Andy said...

I do like those

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Thats a beautifully understated style of painting,very impressed.
Robbie

DC said...

Thanks Gents, you are very kind. I suspect they look better in the pictures than they do in reality.

Stuart - it's funny you should mention Mr Ray, i have a couple of his old units. They'll make an appearance here eventually.

cheers all.

Anonymous said...

DC, now I am jealous, nearly got to play with John's AWI once, many years ago when we had a good natter about AWI gaming etc at a Partizan show back in the 90's, but at the time I lived a bit to far away to "nip down" for a game. Oh how I kick myself now a days!!!

Look forward to seeing those units as well as the Highlanders that DaveD of "One Man and His Brushes" fame is doing for you.

Cheers

Stuart

Old School ACW said...

Whatever happened to John Rays colonial collection? Did he sell it on or is he still holding it?

Greg